Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Ugly Truth isn't.


Isn't what, you ask?

Why, Ugly of course. Or truthful. Between Katherine Heigl attempting an orgasm scene in a restaurant(is it possible to have an orgasm simply with vibrating underwear and no dildo? Or were they trying to make the movie family-safe? Because it isn't.) and Gerald Butler trying to look like a dashing candidate for love, it is on the whole, kind of a Fail. I mean, Mew Ryan PWNS the orgasm scene.

But lets be truthful here. There are times where genuine chemistry shines through. Katherine Heigl is gorgeous in a very natural way, despite a collection of some shitty flicks under her belt (Knocked up, 27 Dresses, uuuuuurrrrgh). And Gerald... why hell-o, sexy caveman. I'd do him anyday. Despite the weirdly proportioned face and the fact that I hated him in the Phantom of the Opera.(I just counteract that with 'Madness??!! THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!') Hawt.

And yes, sexy make-out scene, and there is only one that is remotely sexy, I'll give it to them for the elevator.

My rating? 3 on 5. Because there is some real humour in there. And I really didn't dislike it. Anyway I'm tired of everybody giving intense movies a higher score. Because comedy is a hundred times harder than intense. So come on Katherine and Gerald. You're both gorgeous people, with wonderful personalities, and one with a baby, even. Can you please crawl out of this burrow of formula that you've dug for yourselves and show us what you're all about? Because I love you, truly, but the cruel world is less forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment