Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dostana indian best movie







First the Good - This movie is a brilliant pick-me-upper. I went in with a healthy dose of cynicism, expecting even the funny to be unfunny, but when Kirron Kher says 'phalo, phoolo... khair... chodo', even the most grumpy cynicial biatch will laugh. First half highly recommended for depressed morons who have no hang-ups with homosexuality
p.s - Romal, I love the song 'maa da laadla' - the original, every time the Punjabi dancers leapt out at Kirron Kher and started dancing chirpily while she was making those 'tragedy' faces, I burst out laughing! Hah! Remix is pretty Dance-able too. I only know this because i was considering asking a cousin to choreograph it for another cousin's wedding, but.. would it be giving out the wrong signals to the groom-to-be? Bwahahahaha!!!
The songs..The first one is really good - Jaane Kyun Dil Jaanta Hai. I have to comment on how great it is, Vishal and Shekhar, yes, maybe V is a sell-out, and the music of OSO really sucked, but this is a REALLY catchy number! One of those Monday Morning songs.
Oh and PC looks good.

The Bad - Time for the section I like to call COPYCAT. Movies/Characters that it has been 'inspired' from -
1.Abhishek Bachchan is JD of Scrubs, including his uniform!
2. Boman Irani is totally 'The Devil Wears Prada's Miranda Priestly. By the way, Karan Johar is doing this knowingly, realising that his characters are going to be recognised, right? I mean, Boman Irani's name is 'M'. M for Murali, M for Miranda. Tribute or just plain laziness?
3. One of the songs has shades of '13 going on 30'. Now this is where KJ just plainly gets lazy! The leaves flying in the wind didn't quite have the same effect, darling. Not when it goes on for 5 whole minutes! Surely by then, she would have ENOUGH sense to walk out of their way, if someone didn't already switch it off?
4. And WHY..you know what, enough with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai! No More!! I don't want to sit through any more f@^&-ing tributes to it! No more SRK-Kajol-rain sequence!

The Ugly -
Boman Irani. Sorry :) That Yellow Tie was Ugly.
Abhishek Bachchan - Gold Tracksuit. Need I say more? (Err..no..I don't secretly covet it! Really! Wait... is that a gold tracksuit ON SALE? Gimme!)
Johnnie Boy - Ah well, I hate to say it, BUTT, sometimes I tire of seeing well-toned male bodies on a large screen. And I thought only women paraded their chests around! No?

Hah, its good timepass :D

Its true that it really is more difficult to make people laugh. And accepting Gay Men in India? Well.. I suppose it is a good attempt.
Ok no, I don't really mean that, what I mean is, did you have to be so goddamn safe? To illustrate my point, no matter how hilarious Abhishek Bachchan is, and no matter how well John Abraham's lack of acting skills are hidden, at the end of the day the two guys aren't REALLY gay. Which I think defeats the point. Its like saying ' Yeah, gay men are OK, but thank God we aren't gay.'

No comments:

Post a Comment