Friday, February 4, 2011

Movie "The Eagle"

If you like cool, fighting movies, there's The Eagle which my first thought was another movie like A Knight's Tale, minus the sense of humour. Looks a lot like Troy, too. What I like most about period movies is the amazing costumes that they create to make the movies work. So that would only be the reason for me to watch The Eagle. And oh, yes, Channing Tatum is another reason but I honestly don't think he's cut for this movie. He just looked too cute and clean to be fighting in those armours and brush helmet. And Jamie Bell? He's my Billy Elliot and I want to keep it that way. Not sure if I'm gonna watch it though.
There's a similar movie, Thor, the god of thunder and the movie is based from the comic which I never read. Reminds me of The Lord of the Rings + Harry Potter + Tron + Clash of the Titans + Kingdom of Heaven.

Moving on to Hanna, now, watching the trailer reminds me an awful lot of Kick Ass. A young beautiful girl trained to face the "real world" with black belt tae kwon do and how to use multiple cool guns and machines. Anyway, I somehow kind of excited to watch Hanna just because of the gorgeous actors they have in the movies. Saoirse Ronan, Eric Bana, Cate Blanchett, Eric Bana, Eric Bana again. And again. That kid, Saoirse, has the most piercing eyes I've ever seen on anyone. Exquisite!

No comments:

Post a Comment